Friday, February 20, 2009

Coraline


Well, I recently went to see Coraline in the theater. Not the 3D version, just the regular one. I had highish hopes for this movie, and it live up to my expectations. I give it 4 Stars (which I believe is what the commercial gave it). It's a really good movie for kids. I thought it might be a little scary after I watched one of the previews online, but things were a-okay! The only swear words I remember hearing were "Oh my God." once and "God" again. Which isn't too big an issue for some.
Now about the second and third photos up top:
And then there was one other questionable part that I did not expect. Okay, so there was one scene where this one fat woman was wearing some skimpy under pants and then there was some fancy designs over her-ahem-nipples. It was very odd and kind of disturbing. There was another woman who had come on first who was also wearing skimpy clothes-it looked like a bra and underwear, but she also had a mermaid tail on that covered most of her lower half. And when she came on Coraline exclaimed: “...She’s practically naked!” But it didn’t seem too bad to me. Then the second, skimpier clothed woman came on. But I’m going to stop talking about that part now.
Found a couple photos that show those two:
Woman 1: http://images.fearnet.com/fearnetImages/imUv0KgnDkmI+cDpe8956Bew==.JPG
Woman 2: http://images.fearnet.com/fearnetImages/imBQPVRW67ZistUsvabubeqQ==.JPG
(I take NO CREDIT for either of those, they belong to www.fearnet.com)
The animation was great, although my younger cousin said as the movie started “The animation is weird.” Ya, it’s a bit different, but that’s one of the things that makes it special.
So, all in all Coraline lived up to my expectations. Sure, I knew Coraline would win in the end. It’s a kids movie, she HAS to. The animation was great, as I just said, and Dakota did a great voicing the lead. (Minus the fake stutter: “B-b-buttons!”). Coraline is a good movie for the whole family!

No comments:

Post a Comment